February 3, 2009

Amazon Elementary Schools


THANKS! I`ve got all the money in and now I`m in the process of printing the books! I`ll have photos of smiling faces soon!


New project: I`m working on printing some school materials for rural elementary schools in the Ecuadorian Amazon. Its actually a continuation of some environmental education materials that were written by the previous volunteer here. Walk into some of the rural schools here and you will find a dearth of materials, books; even the essentials like paper and pencils that we take for granted are missing from these classrooms. We´ve come up with a 25 page textbook about the plants, animals, ethnic groups, and conservation issues in the region. I`ll be distributing a paper version (as well as digital CD) during the next semester of the school year, from March until June, I just need a few thousand dollars to be able to print these materials. You can see a few sample pages I`ve attached. Its in Spanish (obviously!) but you should be able to figure it out. To donate go to the link below, at peacecorps.gov in the donors section.


Please feel free to share this with any one you know, teachers- biology, Spanish, etc, grandparents without email.

See the book!


https://www.peacecorps.gov/index.cfm?shell=resources.donors.contribute.projDetail&projdesc=518-328

No comments: