June 23, 2008

Puyo, Ecuador

Welcome to Puyo, Ecuador, the second rainiest city in the world. Its beautiful when it stops raining. I'm settling my way into life here, sampling strange drinks and exploring my new home for the next two years. When I go to a new office people here often great a newcomer by saying, "we're here with open doors, open arms, etc.," and if you look at these photos you'll see that my apartment really does have open doors. So much that in fact one day the mother next door returned my camera with several new photos that the kids had taken of themselves when they walked off with it for a day without me noticing.

June 2008


The Orchid Garden

I've been working at this orchid garden outside of my town. Its a fascinating place, I wanted some excuse to be able to hang out there and learn about plants, and when I started talking to the owner, he told me that he wanted a website. I had been wanting to learn for a little while, so I gave this a try (I had some help from friends)

www.jardinbotanicolasorquideas.com




More Photos on Picasa
dams and apartments






It was about time for a haircut- with the dudes in Quito in late September for a reconnect meeting. Everyone had stories to tell and local counterparts to show off. PC sent us staight home from school on Friday so that we wouldn't get caught up in the chaos of election weekend. So far I've hardly heard a car honk their horn.





No comments: